I remember the day when were born my two kids. However, when the first one was ready to be born, I was working in Antofagasta. Unfortunately, because the distance (1.300 Kms from Santiago), I arrived late and I missed the childbirth.
My grandmother always said "there isn't a first without a second", so I could take a revenge with my second kid. I entered to the childbirth room and I could see the most amazing thing that I never had seen. Even today, if I close my eyes and I focus on that day, I can see each moment of those wonderful 15 minutes.
All started at 4.00 AM. I took my wife to the Clinic, but first I had to take my daughter with her grandmother. When we arrived at the Clinic we were received by a nurse. She took us to a especial room where she made some testing and exams. After a couple of minute, she recomended us to go to our home because the dilatation wasn't enough to pass at the next level. We were obedient and went to home. We arrived at 5.30 AM and we try to sleep something. An hour later my wife woke me up again telling me that we had to come back to the Clinic because the baby was ready. For second time we arrived to the Clinic, that time we were received for another nurse who made the same testing and exams. This time (6.30 AM), the nurse told us the baby was ready and called the doctor.
Into the childbirth room all happened quite fast. The baby was born in only 15 minutes and was in perfect conditions. That was one of the happiest day in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment